View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

Debbiesuew HB User
Unhappy Wired shut and need nutrition ideas.

I had surgery on April 15th and just found out the joint will be implanted on June 20th. Total Concepts, one side the right. In the meantime I am wired shut and am having one heck of a time getting anything of any nutritional value in me. I can not afford a fancy Vita Mix so I have an immersion blender and a food processor. No matter what I do, nothing gets liquidy enough without just tasting like watered down food. No flavor and if I have one more sweet shake I think I will scream. Everyone thinks that it sounds great to them but I can not brush the inside of my teeth and everything feels pretty funky as it is. The thought of ice cream or milky chocolate shakes mixed with protein makes me worry about the dental aspect I will be faced with once I get my joints working right.
I tired chicken bouillon and I just could not get the right taste, so I ended up buying cambells chicken noodle soup and draining the broth and drinking that. I tried mushing up the noodles but it made it too thick for me to get through a syringe and the more water the less taste.
Does anyone have a recipe for any good really liquid meal replacement that is not sweet.
Help Help Help

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Debbiesuew
clencher1 (05-04-2013), MountainReader (05-03-2013)