Thread: new to Crohns
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: new to Crohns

I think you're jumping to an ultimate conclusion about the intolerance to mesalamine....could have been a coincidence, but it would be good for you to try it again.

How much asacol are you taking?

Is the Rowasa 4g or 2g dosage?

The Prometheus is NOT a 95% positive regarding diagnosis....I talk to a LOT of people who have had it done with multiple results, there are doctors and medical institutions who refuse to use it.

BUT....you do have an IBD, regardless if it's CD or UC, you will need medications. I'm not saying you don't have CD.....but with the doctor's statements initially, and for him to rely on the Prometheus, I think you actually need another opinion.

I urge you to try the rectal mesalamine again when you're more settled, but in the meantime, ask your doc for you to try a steroid enema to help get the rectal/sigmoid inflammation under control.

Where exactly did it state your inflammation is located...throughout your colon?

q

Last edited by quincy; 05-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.