View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

fleafly HB User
Re: Thanks for the help I recieved from here...

Welcome aboard! I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago. While at rehab, I was stretched a little too far and my bicep tendon tore. That sent me back to surgery, needless to say. The surgeon release by bicep tendon, which I regret. He made the determination while in surgery, based on the fact that I was a 50-something year old female, and the surgery was not on my dominant side. I understand his thought process, and cannot really blame him for it, but I truly regret that the tendon was not repaired instead of released. My shoulder and arm are much weaker than they would have been, and I experience some pain most days.

With those two surgeries, though, I learned to sleep in a recliner. That was a new experience for me, but it definitely got me through the recover stage. I don't know if you have tried sleeping in a recliner, but if not, do try. The pain will go away, I assure you. There might be some days where things seem like they are sliding backwards, but overall, it's a big improvement.

Good luck to you.
FF

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton