View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #196
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

I have shoulder hypermobility and tend to get tendonitis/bursitis/trigger point knots at times. With wearing the wrist splints and casts for 10-11 months over the last couple years, my shoulder was very unhappy. I was finally cleared last month from the wrist doctor to begin PT on my shoulder.

I started last week. I had my 4th appointment today and realized I have pain in my arm, around the area of the osteotomy. When I was in wrist therapy, they just had me doing exercised directly in the wrist area and not for my arm. I asked my PT. He pointed out that one arm is a bit larger than the other in that area. Since I've been protective the arm for a while, I hadn't realized how weak it had become. Makes me realize that I'm in the middle of a long journey.

The following user gives a hug of support to MountainReader:
BurtG (05-13-2013)