View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
(female)

verycomplicated HB User
Re: Am I the Only One With Unsuppressed TSH?

Thank you both for your suggestions. My doctor put me on propranolol 20mg, which I take twice a day, so my heart rate is running about 94 resting now & the palpitations have calmed down. She is not testing my free T3, nor has she mentioned cytomel. I am going to fax her questions about this on monday. I go for a full physical w/ the internal medicine doc Friday & she works in the same medical group as my endocrinologist, so I will ask her if she can add the tests to see where I am & see if she might add the cytomel if I don't get an answer sooner. At least she has access to all my labs.
My endo did mention Tirosint when I was having thyroid storm, but I've stayed w/ the levo generic for cost reasons since I already have so much medical expense, making sure its the same manufacturer. My doc seemed to want to keep me at 175 mcg, but I begged her to lower it, hopefully, not to my detriment.

What other tests should I ask for? What level should my T3 be? what values are considered hypo vs hyper for free T3?
Thanks for the info!