View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
(male)

UName HB User
Re: Hairloss at 17... Help

Quote:
you might get your thyroid and ferritin (stored iron) levels done to see if you are anemic or have thyroid issues.
I've always been borderline anemic, but I doubt it's that - as it's been a constant condition.
Quote:
If this is male pattern baldness, you probably won't be able to stop it.
I am just trying to slow it down, at least til I'm out of college, I know you can't fight genes. Still though, the balding pattern seems to be different than that of my father and grandfather - As they'd started losing hair from the very top of the head, while my pattern starts from the flanks. I am also way too young for it (unless baldness happens earlier with each generation). Also, doesn't the thickness of my <insert manly, Viking adjective here> facial and body hair mean I have good hair?
Quote:
Rogaine for men topical solution may help keep what you have but it only works as long as you are using it
I sure hope they have that where I live. And what do you mean while Im using it why would I stop?
Speaking of I havent used any shampoo this week. Ive been washing my hair with water every two days and the dandruff and itching are gone. Oily, yes. But I believe I have stopped the hairfall to a solid extent
Now I am skeptical about using shampoo at all which I know I have to.
Quote:
he uses Alpecin shampoo for thinning hair! It helped alot!
Thanks for replying. I hope your son is ok. Is it something like a baldness-prevention remedy, or just a shampoo Im asking so I know whether to go to a store or a pharmacy.
Thanks