View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Please Help! I skipped my sugar pills... can i have sex?

The only problem is that when you're on a triphasic pill, like ortho tricyclen, the hormone levels are different from week to week which makes it harder to skip a period with those. There's a specific order you're supposed to take them if you want to skip and it's not just a matter of skipping the sugar pills. I can't remember what I read about it but I was always on a monophasic pill so I never had an issue with skipping.

Hopefully someone on a triphasic pill who has successfully skipped will be able to tell you. I know that I have read may cases where women on triphasic pills who just skipped the placebos and went right to a new pack had the same issue with bleeding. I've seen it a lot on these boards. Maybe you should google it and see if you can find the correct way to skip on a triphasic. But don't freak out about the bleeding. It's no big deal its just really annoying. It doesn't mean your bc is failing or anything so don't worry about that. You just messed up your hormones by skipping wrong that's all.