View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Thumbs up A better experience with the tmjd doc.....

Hi,

We went back to the tmjd doc today to pick up the "fixed" splint, and drop off the MRI's he wanted to review. I actually feel better since this visit. I'm usually sort of passive while I'm there, but this time I asked alot of questions and brought up the stress bit he keeps pushing, not in a mean way, but a firm one. I think he actually listened to me this time. When stress was brought up I told him exactly how I felt. I know my son better than anyone else out there and I do not feel that this is entirely stress-related. He was a happy, normal kid prior to all of this. He listened to my explanation as to what I think could've been a factor in all of this,(metal molar bands) and said that very well may be the cause, along with the fact that long after the last molar band fell off a habit (clenching) was already started. It doesn't help that he has a bad bite, either. (My son even spoke up more than normal and told him that he purposely started clenching while having these bands on because he kept cutting his tongue on them and after the left side fell off, the right was too high so clenching was becoming comfortable for him) He didn't bring up a pain clinic anymore, instead telling him that he feels that the combination of these 2 splints should start offering him some relief, which in turn, made me happy. (HOPE) It's just so nice when you ask questions and get answers, and you're listened to by a doctor!

Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-30-2003).]