View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 10:38 PM   #1

area51 HB User
arthritis and general inflammation?

I've had bad knees for about 4 years. I've been diagnosed with sprains and patello-femoral syndrome and possible bursitis but aside from physical therapy I've had no treatment. Physical therapy was a bust. Painful and most of the exercises I was taught made things worse.

About 3 years ago after a "sprain" the doc did some x-rays. I got pushy at my last physical and at least got another set of x-rays done on that knee to see if there have been any changes. Yup. Narrowing of distance between the bones.

I've had a lot of other health issues to follow up on since that physical a month ago and haven't had a chance to go back to the doc. Before seeing the x-rays she guessed I probably have osteo arthritis.

I'm not so sure. My whole body is going to hell in a handbasket.

I have migraines. I have peripheral neuropathy. I have the knee problems. I may have fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. And about a week before my period my whole body flares up including rectal bleeding. But according to a sigmoidoscopy my colon and rectum are in fine shape.

I guess I'm wondering if there are other types of arthritis that could account for so many symptoms. I'm also wondering what other conditions could cause such a wide variety of symptoms.

Sorry I got a little graphic. I hope somebody has some ideas. After a couple more goose chases from the physical I want to sit down with my doc and talk about the big picture and make sure it's only osteo arthritis I'm dealing with.

I'm 45. I feel like 95. This just isn't right.