View Single Post
Old 08-31-2001, 06:58 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Years ago, when I apparently was terribly allergic to ragweed pollen, I mixed Aloe Vera with water (about 50/50 mixture) and it cleared up my nasal passages in a couple of days. It was close to being miraculous.

A co-worker told me about it. He said that a doctor recommended it for his wife who was having severe problems.

My allergies were so bad, in those days, during the summer months, that my nose continued to run like a faucet. I went through piles of Kleenex tissues. Then it got worse where my nose contantly started to bleed everytime I blew my nose. I was just getting ready to see a doctor, when my friend (and co-worker) told me about this natural remedy.

What a relief it was, when I started using that natural herbal treatment! I then told many of my neighbors and co-workers what had happened to me, and they reported back to me the same good results for themselves or family members that were also having these kind of problems.

The trick is to place it in your nostrils just before you go to sleep; just a few drops until you feel it trickling down the back of your throat. Sniff it in real deep, and resist blowing your nose. The best sleeping position would be to sleep on your back, at least for a little while, to make sure that the Aloe Vera solution circulates throughout the sinuses. Finally when you wake up, you should feel a lot better. This may not work for everyone, but I thought that I would pass this along for those that it might benefit.

By the way, I think the best place to live, is in an area that has little plant allergens, like maybe near the beach where the sea breezes blow everything inland. Or maybe a desert? Also I think, from my experience, everytime that I moved to a different location to find work, that it took a few years for me to get used to the allergens too. Sometimes, for those that move around from State to State it takes some patience. But, I know that it can be very frustrating. Best of luck.