View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #8
Inactive

yomama HB User
Re: Ogley Eyed Men!!

I used to have a boyfriend who would do this exact same thing. He seemed to make darn sure to be so obvious about it, and it was like he was intentionally trying to upset me. He would not only crane his neck looking at other women but also make comments to me about how hot they were. Do you know how degrading and humiliating that was for me?! A lot! It really affected my self-esteem, and I started wondering what was wrong with me that he had to look at other women like that. I'd wonder why was he even going with me if he could find others out there more suitable to his taste? That's just it, he probably couldn't. I think he had low self-esteem himself and an ego problem. It seemed like the only way he could make himself feel better about himself was to put others down and make them feel not worthy of his time, and I seemed to be the main target. Looking back on it now, I have no idea why I put up with it as long as I did! Anyway, he ended up finally cheating on me, we broke up, and that was over 20 years ago. It's not worth it to put up with a guy like that. If dating that guy is a preview of coming attractions i.e. marriage, then I would rather skip that movie! I put up with that idiot a lot longer than I should have and would NEVER do it again! I've been married for over 23 years now to another guy and am sooooo glad that I didn't stay with that jerk that I had been dating. Had we got married, I'm sure we'd have been divorced a long time ago already! The best advice that I can give your friend is this: RUN!