View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #1

cookiemonster123 HB User
Steve -- what to do?

Alright, so I'm a little confused.. I just don't know what to do. I really like this guy, Steve, whom I have 2 classes with and sit next to in Science. Because I can't explain this in a better way, I'll type out 1 of the notes he gave me the other day, and what I replied to him.. it will better explain the situation.

Steve --> "I was thinking about what you said yesterday. I can really see why you usually get what you want. You are a beautiful, smart, and funny girl. It is nothing you have done to keep me from asking you out. I have had some bad relationships in the past and I have become kind of gun shy. I do like you but I think we should "take it slow". We are already friends and I don't want to rush into a relationship that will leave me bitter if it doesn't work out. Lets make sure we really want to do this before we rush to any hearty decisions. What do you think?"

My Reply --> "What do I think? Your one of the smartest people I now. Actually, I've never known anyone quite like you, and I know that's why I like you. If we ever went out or anything, I can't promise nothing would go wrong - so I think your exactly right. I've had bad relationships too - infact it took me a year and a half to get over someone that really hurt me, but that was awhile ago. I wouldn't want to stop being your friend if something went wrong, but at the same time I like you. I think you understand what I mean. It's been awhile besides any guy besides Trevor could make me smile, but your pretty good at it too. I think your making the right decision - but do you ever think their could be something?"

And finally (Steve) --> "I don't even know what to write to that. That is exactly what I needed to hear, or read. I think we should really talk about this. What's your #? Mine is ***-****."

I have found myself thinking about Steve a lot lately.. I called last night, but he was at Mock Trial. I talked to him today, and he said he would call me tonight.. I also told him I knew he probably wouldn't, and he didn't. So I called him around 8:30 but he wasn't home. He's a really busy person, but I just doon't know what he's feeling. I feel, like I'm running him over or something with how I feel.. but then in these notes he makes me feel good. I can't explain how much I want to give a relationship with him a try.. but what do I do now? Wait it out, give him some space for awhile, or nag him until we talk about it? *Sigh*

Sry for the long post, but the responses will mean so much to me. Thx