View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 09:19 PM   #1

leona_oni HB User
Question Pars Defect-Birth Defect

Hello,

I was in a car accident on Dec. 6 2003 and got whiplash and they took x-rays and discovered that I have pars defect in c-6 which is in my neck. All the doctor told me was that it is something that i have had since birth. All the posts i have read are related to accidents that caused the defect. I have had neck pain my whole life since I was a young child. I am now 21 and a college student and am wondering if anyone knows about pars defect as a birth defect. What would cause this to happen in my development before birth. I have no idea what pars defect really is. I am just interested in finding out more information about what is a new found birth defect that I have. If this is something that could be cause my accidents I had an injury in the 3rd grade that caused my spine to compact and to continue to grow crooked, and then this car accident which gave me whiplash as well as being a boxer for 3 years in my teenage years. But I started complaining about neck pain as a young kid (age 5) and in boxing it caused even more pain so i quit. Please let me know if anyone has any information about pars defect as a birth defect. Thank You.