Thread: The FLU! ahhhh!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 08:12 PM   #13

dagmarharris HB User
Re: The FLU! ahhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd50
Docs usually will give antibiotics to those prone to bronchitis or to those with Asthma as a preventive. Even though the flu is a virus, it is very easy for those with these conditions to end up with a secondary bacterial infection.
I am not prone to bronchitis. I never had it before. My mom would get it..but I am not that type.
I did find out today that of all the four people I work with in the same classroom, we are all out sick!
I seem to have this for the longest.

I guess what upset me tonight is I was talking to a friend on the phone...and I had a coughing fit. I had to get off the phone...put the shower on....slap the mentoletum on the chest...and then down some cough syrup. I have tried to research coughing fits...on the internet.. I guess it is very scary for me. It feels like you can't breath, and you cough so hard you almost throw up. Then all you want is to get it to stop. It starts with a tickle....and goes nuts!!!
I would be so embarassed if this happen in public!!! Any suggestions that others do to deal with this?
~dagmar

Last edited by dagmarharris; 12-10-2003 at 08:13 PM.