Thread: The FLU! ahhhh!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: My continuing quest to heal the cough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarharris
Nancy thanks for answering.
I tried to Nyquil two nights in a row. It does work. I wake up once...but that is okay. I cough alittle, and then go back to sleep. I like that it puts you right to sleep. I also "slept in" with it today till 10:30. This is also good as I am off work this week to get better.
I guess the codeine sounded strong. I think it is better to use something that isn't as strong if it works? You agree?
So I also slept this afternoon, for the first time. I want to rest. coughing so much has made me not be able to relax. Now with the nyquil I think it dried me out alittle of the phlem..so I could rest and them fall asleep. I think it takes so many different tries of things. I have taken a chinese medicine since Saturday called Yin Chiao....and them another herb for respiratory...fenurgreek
I am going to get more lemon for hot lemon and honey. That soothes, too.
Are you feeling good these days, I hope?
~dagmar

So what is in Nyquil anyway? I've no problem trying it the next time just never gave it a thought, once went to Dr with a respiratory infection and that is what he gave me and I've stuck with it ever since, but if OTC has something to offer I'll try. Does it give you heart palpatations or anything? I have mitral valve prolapse and am susceptable to heart fluttering etc so I get freaky of it. Camomile tea has always calmed me and I take Bija healing teas"cerified organic" made in British Columbia Canada. Do be careful mixing OTC and herbs but you probably know to watch out for that. I'm getting over this virus I think, then again I'm fine for a couple days and then it comes back so who knows, it has not made me sick enough to stay in bed or indoors, just chest irritation. OH PS... does nyquil make you drowsy if taken during the day or do they have night time stuff?

Last edited by NancyH; 12-11-2003 at 08:43 PM.