Thread: The FLU! ahhhh!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 05:48 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: My continuing quest to heal the cough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarharris
Hi again, Nancy, nyquil has a cough suppressant and antihistimine both in it. It definitely puts me to sleep. I would only use it at night. It cost like $5.00, I think. How much is the codeine cough syrup? Did you notice you coughed less from the codeine during the day...even though you took it at night?
I also happen to be drinking the same tea brand as you! I had never heard of it. The health food store lady suggested I try it. I am drinking Bija Cold Stop.
Which one are you drinking?
I also bought organic lemons to make lemon and honey tea tomorrow. I got a broth that has vegetable and garlic in it.
And then a home made chicken soup that was in the deli section. They make their soups daily. This was on sale tonight, probably because so many people are getting sick!!!
~dagmar
p.s. the nyquil cough syrup didn't do any kind of heart palpitation type of thing. I have anxiety disorder and would be very aware of this.
some of the cold medicines OTC make me jittery. Not the nyquil. It is sedating....
yeah!!
I'm drinking Bija cold snap! Real close in name it sounds. I'm not one to run to herbal as they don't work for me but some do and those that do I take. Next time I will try the nyquil first and then see which I like better as a symptom reliever.