View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 10:57 PM   #1

beebsqtip HB User
Unhappy panic attacks developing to phobia's!

I have been depressed on and off since I was 14. I tried taking anti-depressants (Luxapro) in last May! I thought that this would help me get better. Instead after taking the anti-depressants about 6-8 hours later I took a nap. Then I wake up about 2 hours later freaking out. The room was spinning, I felt stuffy and I could barely breath, I had cold chills, but I was hot. The room was not really spinning but it wasn't focused. I litterly thought, I was going to die. So I went to the hospital. The doctors could not find anything wrong with me. They said I had a panic attack and to get plenty of rest and drink a lot of fluids. After that I felt like I was an idiot! I never took the depressants ever again or any other depressants. What sucks now, is that everytime I take medicine I get panic attacks. Sometimes when sleeping and if the room gets stuffy I wake up and have a panic attack. I start to have phobia's which in turn, turn into panic attacks. For example I almost chocked on food once and ever since then I get very parinoid when eating. Sometimes at the point where I can only eat liquidy food for a couple days, because my throat gets so tight that I can't get anything down. I hate to say this on line, but also when I get constipated I start an attack. I have always been a person that requires at least 10 hours of sleep to get proper rest, but now I want to sleep all of the time. I sleep 12 hours at night then during the day i'll take a nap and still be able to go to be early. I tried sleeping less but I can't get out of be unless forced! I also feel I have lost the since of reality. I feel like I can't snap out of it. I took pills with ephedra in it for 2 years right after my daughter was born. I did stop taking it about 1 1/2 years ago. Does my attacks have something to do with it. I feel like I am going to send my self to an instituition. I am a nut. I want to get better for my kid. I don't want my kid to see me like this. Does anybody have any advise on what I should do. Has anybody had something similiar happen to them? Thank you for hearing my life story and taking the time to read this if you do!