View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #2

larryp HB User
Re: Good laminectomy outcomes wanted (really, all experiences)

S-man,
Well you wanted all experiences so here it goes. As you see in my Signature below I had a Laminectomy in 1990 an honestly it did no good at all as my history indicates. You and I have discussed on other threads about the inexact science and how long that pipeline is from your brain to the lower body. Have you had a Discogram for your problem? Just curious. By the way I see you are a Prof. I have a degree in Social Science but ended up spending 29 years in the mining industry. What a back breaker! Two days and counting to fusion surgery.
Again Good Luck,
Larry
1990-Myelogram=L4-5 LAMINECTOMY.1998-Myelogram,Discogram,CTscan=L 4-5 FUSION w/BAK cages. 2002-Prolotherapy injections. 2003-April-MRI Lumbar spine=DDD,bulges,arthritis,low disc height,Physical Therapy.2003-May-MRI Thorasic spine=Two herniations displacing nerve roots.2003-July-Nerve blocks/epidurals; 2003-August-L5/S1 FORAMENOTOMY.2003-October-Lumbar Discogram=2003-December-L5/S1 FUSION w/BMP/LT cages. 2004-Jan-Pain much worse than before surgery. CTscan & L1/L2 nerve block & Myelogram.