I.V. Sedation while on Toprol? Scared!!
I'm really worried about having the I.V. solution with taking Toprol for my heart arrythmias!
I'm on 50 mg. of toprol and it slows my heart rate down and cuts down on the amount of andreneline I produce ( I overproduce). I'm fairly worried that by having 'another' type of sedation on top of the meds I'm on ... will be too much for me, and slow my heart down TOO much.
I'm scheduled to have 1 wisdom (bottom left) tooth out on Tuesday, but I've not seen this oral surgeon before, I'm a new patient ... and want to be able to sit down and talk to him a bit before he removes it, do you think he'll take the time to do that? I'm in severe pain in between my dose of aspirin/tylenol, and don't want to put this off any longer ... but I also don't want to just go in there, and have them pull it before knowing of my medical history.
They do know that I have mitral valve prolapse ... and that I have to pre-medicated ... but I'm also on meds for high blood pressure ... and that also scares me .. and I don't think I've told them that yet.
I intend to call them tomorrow and talk to the nurse (or whoever it is I talk to).
The problem is that I just had an infection in that tooth ... and I finished the antibiotics a week ago, but now the pain has started up again, and I'm afraid that the infection is back! I only have $600.00 a year in dental coverage, and have used $100 of that all ready for a visit to my local dentist and 2 x-rays. The cost of the I.V. sedation and extraction witll be, $350.00, plus office call, so as you can see, I'll be using just about all of my coverage up for the year. If I wait, and just go in for a consult and x-rays ... to see if the infection is back, I may not have enough to cover the actual extraction! UGH!!
Any suggestions .. thoughts?
Also: I'm taking aspirin every 4 hours .... will that cause a problem with my 'clotting' after the tooth is out? When would you suggest I stop them?
Thanks a bunch everybody!