View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Veteran

KayT HB User
Re: Hi all...........Kaytee here

Sickman,

You are right about the 6mg..........what I did was drop down to 3mg and then after about two days I felt horrible..........much of the withdrawal came back.........so she told me to take the Xanax around the clock for a day or two to get it going good........then she was going to taper me to 5mg then to 4mg then to 3mg..........she meant well.........but I told her it was to much........and she backed off.........She was only going by what I told her.........and I was pretty upset when I called her that night.........she did have me come in the office and my nurse friend had mentioned Zyprexa and I told her no way, I'm not Psychotic.............but she asked me to talk to the doctor because it is used to calm peoples racing thoughts........and thought it would help with my fear and racing thoughts.........anyhow, I asked thinking the doc would say "no way" and instead she said "that's a good idea" I can lessen the Xanax and the Zyprexa will help calm you and it is not habit forming...............and I thought, good grief, what now..........

So I agreed to try it, and I did for one night and the next day I felt like a goof ball........could not think straight all day and felt strange........like I was off in space or something............so I knew there was no way I was taking it again.........although my friend (the nurse)said to half it the next night (last night) I did not..........I took my Xanax and the Zoloft and that was that..........

The XR seems to work okay............but I have regular Xanax as well.........do you think it's a problem to take the XR? I am taking three 1mg a day until next week and then I see the doc again and will begin to taper down.........she just wants the Zoloft to kick in good before I taper off the Xanax........even you told me I need the Xanax for at least four weeks to get through this...........it's only been 2 for the 100mg of Zoloft........so I am going to stick with the Xanax for now............

I felt calmer today then in a long time...........and I felt better........not great..........but okay...........I didn't feel like crawling out of my skin like most days lately............I think the Zoloft is beginning to work better for me and that is a good sign.........also, I'm sure the Xanax is as well...........

My doctor has known me for years........and she admitted that she could refer me to a psych but she thinks I am almost through this now and will be better soon...........and I agreed...........when I did go see a psych he asked me what I wanted to do..........and basically also threw Zoloft my way..........or he wanted to increase the Paxil.......which was not going to happen............he was very aloof and weird about it........

I am still conversing with my counselor friend and she is pretty on track with this stuff..........she to does not like the Xanax but says if I stick with a steady dose and don't keep raising it then I should be fine taking it, she is all for the Zoloft as well, says in time it will help me with my anxiety..........

As for Klonopin............I took it before and the withdrawal was terrible........I had it down to a *** before I could stop taking it..........so it scares me a little........although I know that Xanax can probably do the same thing to me...........also I was cut cold turkey off of it because I found out I was pregnant and the psych just told me to stop the imipramine and xanax right away.............I will consider the Klonopin and have decided to make an appt with a psych if I don't begin feeling better this week...........I know it is anxiety and I do believe that the withdrawal is still there.........just slowly easing up as my body adjusts...........so I am hanging in there and hoping to feel much better real soon........

My friend the counselor checked with her psychs (of whom I may go see one of them since I trust her judgement in doctors) and they said for the time I've been on the Paxil to Celexa then to Paxil it can take 4-8 weeks for the withdrawal to be gone...........I know the difference between my anxiety (I have had this for years) and how it makes me feel verses how Paxil made me feel while and after I stopped taking it.......I've got a mixture going on........we have withdrawal, then my own anxiety in there then the Zoloft adjusting as well............so it is a mix of these things that have been making me feel such a mess..........

Taking the Zyprexa once is not big deal right???

Better get going,
Also, you mentioned once a day on the Xanax XR.........the pharmacist and doc told me it was meant to last 6-8 hours at a time and not all day??

Thanks for the info Sickman,

Kaytee:-)