View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran

KayT HB User
Re: Hi all...........Kaytee here

Okay, thought of one more thing.

The benzo issue.......I know that I have anxiety.....have had it for years......but the Celexa kept it in check for a long time.........and now it has resurfaced..........so I know that I need something to help me with the anxiety.......not in denial about that........just didn't realize when I asked the doc for a change that I was going to go through all of this to get to where I am now........and again I do believe the withdrawal is still there..........but easing up as I go.........but I will remain on something once this is all calmed a bit.........whether it be Zoloft and Xanax or a benzo alone I'm not sure yet........I will cross that bridge when I get there.........

I am going to call my counselor friend and ask her to set me up an appt with one of her docs and see if maybe I can change to Klonopin or if I should stay with the Xanax...........

and I am going to keep taking the Zoloft..........every health professional I have seen has recommended it.......including the Psych I saw, my friend the counselor and my doctor...........

And my friend the counselor she is good.........been doing this for over 20 years and has seen me as a patient before.......that's how I met her years ago......so she knows me well.........and sees me often......because my son is in counseling for Anxiety on a weekly basis.........and I asked her if she was concerned about me and she said no, that it is just the anxiety resurfacing and the Zoloft will kick in and to be cautious about the Xanax.............not to take to much of it.......just enough to take the edge off...........and to get off it if the Zoloft works without it.......she talked to me for a long time last week at her office and I think I should stick with her recommedations...........I tried to call her on the Zyprexa but she was out, maybe gone for the weekend. I'm sure she will tell me when I see her this week that it was a mistake...........she' s good.........and she is cautious about who she gives advise to......some doctors don't like others that aren't licensed MDs jumping in there..........but I listen to her and find a way to relay the info without it coming from her.......that keeps her out of it........and me in the know.........

Good night,

Kaytee:-)