View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #24
(female)

debbiel HB User
Re: Post Surgery Tips

[QUOTE=carken]Hi Debbie,
I was just going through old threads and found your reply. I had my surgery on Dec. 30, so I'm almost 5 weeks post-op. I find it incredible that you're walking 2 miles in under 30 minutes (as of Dec. 20-something). By now, you're probably running, I guess.

I think I'm doing pretty well, but not able to walk very far at a time. I go back on the 3rd for my first check-up. Were you fusing at 3 months? Do you mind telling me your age? I'm 62, but in excellent health other than this back thing. Everyone says age is certainly a factor, but my doctor didn't say so.

Carole[/QUOTE]
Hello Carole,
I am glad that you are doing good, I went back to the dr. on jan 6, he said I had bone starting to grow, and unless I had any problems that I didn't have to come back. He said I was doing extremely good. I am 35 years old, and was in excellent health before my back started giving me so much problems, I was also a smoker, and have now been quit for alittle over 5 months. The worst problem that I have is sitting for over an hour and half or so, then I have to move or laydown, but right after surgery I couldn't sit for more than 20-30 minutes. let me know what the dr says, or you wearing a brace? best of luck, debbie