View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #2
(female)

nooyawker HB User
Sorry to hear youre not doing well. Are you taking the remicade as prescribed? If you have given it a fair trial and its not helping you, maybe you need to move on to another drug. I have been doing pretty good with enbrel. I take 2 injections a week and some days I dont take anything for pain. Other days I need some naproxen. I do most of the things I want to do but it sometimes takes a little longer now. (Of course Im not getting any younger either!) Can you get someone to clean your house once a week while you rest? Or order ready to eat foods delivered to your house? You really have to make your health a priority.
I told everyone I have a serious disease (especially the husband) and to not expect me to entertain or pick up after them. I know its hard with young children. But you have to tell your family Mommy needs help now because she doesnt feel well. They wont want to hear it. (I've been there.) I took out an old cane that was my uncle's and used it one day around the house. That scared the **** out of them. Anyway, if I can be of any help let me know. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif