View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 12:35 AM   #3

mandi-deg HB User
Re: Had another one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzykim00
Well, thought I was doing good, hadn't had an "attack" since last Wed. I had to take one of my cats to the vet this morning, made it through that ok. Came home, did some painting in my kitchen, cleaned up, went in to watch some TV. BOOM! It came from out of nowhere.....the not being able to breathe, first the flushed, hot feeling, then the shivering and shaking. This one didn't last as long, but seemd more intense than any of the others. And of course the first thing I did was pick up the phone, and start pacing.

Does anyone else feel real shakey and like nervous afterwards? For me, that part lasts the longest, could be up to an hour after the bad part passes. And also, I am going to my GI doc tomorrow (follow-up for the GERD), should I mention to him what has been going on? I hate feeling this way, but what I hate even worse is the way they can sneak up on you It's now almost midnight, and the fear is back about falling asleep. It's a never ending vicious cycle that's hard to break.

Kim
I know how you feel. I am hoping you got some sleep and read this in the morning. Was the paint scent strong. I had a time I thought I was dying because I must have inhaled the fumes and I went into a really odd state. Panic attacks can come anytime. that is one thing I learned about them. They can get set off for no reason. I always like to talk to my doc about what is happening. I really thought I was sick and she checked me out and did a physical and told me it was anxiety and panic. I didnt even know I had something to be anxious over. So it goes to show your mind works in mysterious ways. well I hope you feel better, and talk to your GI. maybe you can figure something out.