Thread: Birth control
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Does her doc know she's using them as birth control? I'm sorry, but if he does, tells her she can start whenever she wants, and then doesn't warn her about the possible effects it will have on her cycle, not to mention she probably wasn't protected against pregnancy this round, then he sounds like he's a little ... um... 'careless' shall we say...

The instructions in the package tell the user to start at a specific time for a reason. They're supposed to work WITH your natural cycle, not against it. Starting in the middle like she did, she probably wasn't protected against pregnancy, because she'd probably already ovulated (based on the dates you provided), however, I'm figuring if your first instance of unprotected sex was last night, then you're probably okay, because she's having her period and her ovulation was probably over 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, if I were her, I would skip to the placebo pills and then start the next pack in line with when she should have started the last pack (on the fifth day of her period, or whenever the pack recommends it).
Anyway, this is just my opinion, but I'm not impressed w/her doc...