Thread: Autism/Divorce
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #1

marksmom HB User
Post Autism/Divorce

Hello to all! I am new here. I haven't ever done this before and I am very nervous. I was just wondering if anyone has or is going through what it looks like I am. I have a 3 year old little boy named Mark, that is my pride and joy. He was diagnosed with Autism about 3 months ago. I knew it was something, just was very surprised when we were told. We have always been a few close family, or so I thought. Now my husband acts like he wants nothing to do with Mark. He started working late and volunteering for overtime, I think to avoid being home and facing this tremendous blow we have been dealt. Since Mark's diagnoses, he has drifted further away and now has mentioned divorce. I am so overwhelmed I don't know what to do. I am a stay at home mom, my family means everything to me. Not to carry on and on, but has anyone else been through this? Has anyone's family life been destroyed because of a diagnoses of Autism? How do you cope? Please help as I feel like my world is crumbling around me.