View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Paint color for a bedroom

Hi....use all 4. Actually, those are all in my bedroom. My walls are like a dark dusty pinky grey. My duvet cover has all of your above mentioned colours in it. My blind has a few stripes with all those colours plus white. I have pictures, one with a matt with a dusty blue, another a sage green, another with a champagne colour.

Pick a colour you like if you go with the 4 for 3 of the walls. Then do one wall, your feature wall with large squares of each of the 4 colours. It looks great, as a matter of fact it was in a magazine recently and on a room renovations program.

Another option, which I recently did in my upstairs room is aqua with white ceiling and woodwork. It can also be done with a pale yellow ceiling (I know you don't like yellow). OR which I think looks absolutely AWESOME is a nice mid green (your choice) with a mid periwinkle blue. Green ceiling and blue walls or viceversa. You can bring the ceiling down one foot onto the wall. Put a wooden casing or border (2" width at most) and paint it white or a colour you like.

I find that the many colours I've chosen for my rooms aren't limited to only one...I pick a palette of 3 or 4.

Pick up a magazine that has painting suggestions for colours, or check out a renovations store and take handsful of paint chips. cut them all up and mix and match.

Make it an adventure, you'll warm to ones that make you feel cozy, but not too mellow.

Pick your bedding first and go from there. I did my walls to match the bedding I already had, and had to seek out other bedding because I wanted something new. It was a challenge to search it out, but worth it in the end. I still feel good in my bedroom.

Have fun!!!

quincy