View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kayley HB User
Re: thorasic disc problem

Hi Marie
I'm sorry to hear all you're going through. I have a herniation at T-6 and T-7, which causes pain to wrap around my chest. I was also told there was nothing that could be done for me, but I kept trying anyway, and finally found out there is a doctor in AZ who specializes in thoracic herniations. His name is Curtis Dickman, and he's at the Barrow Neurological Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. I obtained special permission for my insurance company to see him, but as it hurts me to fly, I'm going to have a phone consultation with him first.(we haven't scheduled it yet, waiting for him to get my test results). He does have his own website if you want to look it up. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it, or I would.

You said you feel lost and alone and that's how I feel too because there are not many people that have this problem, it is very rare to have a herniation in the thoracic area. I have found that for me, coming here and to other online support groups helps immensely. Just to be able to correspond with people who go through pain every day like we do makes me feel not quite so alone. I hope and pray you get some help for your pain. Take care
Kayley