It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #1

sookchi HB User
Exclamation Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

Anyone one have any bright Ideas? My friend is locked in a house and abused by her husband. He won't divorce her or let her out. She does not want the police involved. What do I do? How do I help her without putting myself in danger? HELP!

Old 05-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #2

monkeygirl777 HB User
Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

call a women's shelter for advice. good luck to you and her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #3
Inactive

promisez HB User

You don't unless you want to make it worse. Help for her is a phone call away and if she needs the help you are talking about, it does involve protection orders, hence, police involvement. If she does not feel the problem warrants outside help, then evidently she doesn't think the problem is that bad. When she does feel the problem is bad enough that SHE asks for help from the right people, thats when you need to be there for her, not as a person stuck in the middle and in a convenient spot to be used as an excuse.

Old 05-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #4

wonder111 HB User

can you give her a number of a help line for abused women? Has she ever mentioned that she wants help? if she does you could phone and report it yourself. I would call a women's shelter for advice like person above mentioned.

good luck!

Old 05-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #5

Swalk HB User

I agree does she want help? it is there I had a close friend in the same situation, she did not really want out until she was almost killed, then finally she got out.
Do they have kids??? Are the kids in danger?

Old 05-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #6

sookchi HB User
Red face Re: Help-My friend is locked in a house and abused.

No there are no children, at least she is lucky in that. She does want help she has been asking me for the last 2 days, non-stop! She also has food poinioning right now and he is still hitting her. He broke her mobile phone when she tried to call for help. Her religion gets in the way of her seeking police help against her husband. She is a VERY devout muslim and he is taking advantage of that. I just hope she can get out soon....I am afraid he might go 'overboard' as she is already sick.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #7

msloquacious HB User

Police involvement is not an option. However, if your friend is asking you for help, maybe *you* could anonymously make the call to the police? IMO, I would rather lose her friendship and trust, than lose her life. Any religion that advocates violence against innocent people is a worthless faith that demands no loyalty.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:56 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

i think she's in a dangerous situation that can only get worse...he's already sick in the head if he's abusing her and not letting her leave the house...and he broke her phone...well, that means he knows he's doing wrong...the police have to get involved honey...

Old 05-17-2004, 05:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

I have a problem with this post...The woman, your friend is locked in her house w/her husband, getting beat up, tortured or whatever, she found poison in the house and she has been asking you for *2 DAYS* for help and you come to the computer for help? We can't HELP your friend....

You on the other hand are there - WHY haven't you contacted anyone?
A Police? A fireman? A Friend who can help w/you?

If my friend was held prisoner and being abused by her husband and wanted help - 911 would be my frist contact...I wouldn't have time to think of anything else regardless of religion, background, who's going to be mad / upset.

This is the United States, the year 2004 will do not Tolorate This.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:04 AM   #10
Inactive

Salinas1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlHarley
We can't HELP your friend...If my friend was held prisoner and being abused by her husband and wanted help - 911 would be my frist contact...I wouldn't have time to think of anything else regardless of religion, background, who's going to be mad / upset.
Thanks, GH. This is the only point that matters. Everyone else can go home.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinas1
Thanks, GH. This is the only point that matters. Everyone else can go home.

I only hope it's not to late, The Posts does something, and then comes back and tells it something positive.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

me too, i can only help she thinks more about her friend than about how it will affect the friendship...i've heard of people killed cause they were being locked in their house...it only gets worse...

Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 AM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

A womens helpline is a great idea but if she really is feeling down about this then she needs to do something. You as a friend can help her but this is in her hands. I am sure he is not there 24/7 which on an open time she can pack up and get out, go to the nearest court for papers & restraining order, then drop it all off at his home. If he continues to threaten her then police assistance is the best because eventually he will get the hint...What a looser

Old 05-17-2004, 09:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliburgrl
i've heard of people killed cause they were being locked in their house...it only gets worse...
I agree. SHe needs help and fast, before something really bad happens. I would make an anonymous phone call to either police or 911. Your friend's self esteem might be too low from the abuse to help herself. If he broke her mobile, how is she staying in contact with you? Doesn't he monitor her phonecalls on the stationary phone?

Old 05-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

excaliburgrl HB User

i think this guy is a wacko...an anonymous phone call might be the best choice...though if she's the only one that knows then the friend might put two and two together....but that shouldn't matter...you might be saving her life!

Closed Thread