It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
(male)

ThaTruth HB User
Abused extacy... quit, and trying to find out what's wrong with me

ok, so i picked up extacy about a year ago... did it alot, basically ruined myself for a year... well i quit 2 months ago.. and quit smoking weed like a month ago... and lately i've found i been having some problems... i don't get tired. i feel like i could be up for days, and when i do get to sleep i have crazy dreams that i can remember for days.. i never have to use the bathroom, i never get thirsty or hungry, my sex drive is gone... and i constantly feel like im on something.. i go through phases where im very confused, and can't concentrate, like for hours.. it's got me worried, but my mom says it's all signs of withdrawl. im only 18... am i gonna be like this forever..? ive been to the doctor and im still waiting to hear back from him.. in the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions of what my problem is..?

Old 09-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
(male)

badgerjh HB User
Re: Abused extacy... quit, and trying to find out what's wrong with me

Very sorry to hear that, you being only 18 yrs old.... Let me tell you this... I was a hippy from the mid 60's until about 1974 I took way to much LSD when I was 17 - 19 until I had a bad trip. The after effects lasts years maybe even until your in your 40's you will get better but chemicals especially street made will alter your god given natural chemical structure inside your head especially when you are still growing in maturity.....hope you will get back to normal soon. Dont do it again.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
(male)

ThaTruth HB User

yeah... im just a bit worried... my mom is here for me.. and i've got lots of friends but like i said to my mom... i only did it for a year... and this is what happened to me.. some of my friends are into it wayyy worse than me.. are they in for the same ride when they quit..? i know ill get over this... i still drink on the weekends, but that's it... is that still safe?

Old 09-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

It's going to take some time to get past a lot of the symptoms you have.

It is my suggestion you do not drink or take anything that will alter your brain chemistry for at least six months.

Your brain and neurological system needs time to heal and re-establish itself.

Mild to moderate exercise should also help but always seek the advise of a doctor first.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
(male)

jpsdad HB User

I don't know a lot about the subject but my only comment would be to stay away from any friends that are still doing it. That is a recipe for disaster. Good luck and hopefully you will get back to normal very very soon.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

ThaTruth,

I'm sorry you're feeling so wierd. I too don't know a lot about estacy. I think you need to see your doctor just to be safe. I can tell you that as an addict you can't do any mind altering drugs (including alcohol) without increasing the chance that you'll go back to your drug of choice. That was one of the first things I was taught by a friend (recovering addict of 16 yrs). And she struggled for many years before getting/staying clean. I encourage you to seek out other recovering folks just like us. Do a lot of research into the disease of addiction. You absolutely can't hang with the friends who use if you want to stay clean. I hope you feel better soon. Keep coming back here and we'll all fight this terrible disease we have together.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:27 AM   #7
(male)

ThaTruth HB User

thing is, i used to chronnnn for the stuff... but i took my first hit of acid a while back, and freaked out and said i would never do any chemicals ever again.. and since then i haven't even wanted to touch em'... i found when i got drunk at the bar i would wind up doing coke... but other then that i don't want the stuff.. im basically buzzed out from E's... i find all it did for me before i quit was kill time. and i didn't even enjoy the buzz. either way, thanks for all the help everybody... i always said id never be addicted to E... and i never realized how addicted i was until i quit...

Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

TJOB3 HB User

I abused the hell out of ectasy for a year strait.. and I still occasionally roll. I'm also in college. I really don't feel any different. Have you had a catscan?

Old 09-30-2005, 06:47 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

TJOB3 HB User

I've probably taken over 200 ectasy pills in my life time.. I don't have any of those sides your talking about. I'm also in college.. i was just wondering if you had a catscan done???? get back to me

Old 09-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

TJOB3 HB User

I am no expert on drugs, except how to use oxycontin, however I am in the medical field and that extacy does mess alot with your dopamine and serotonin levels and I would suggest after you see a medical DR you should see a psych DR. I am in the middle of detoxing myself and some of the things you say you are feeling I am feeling myself, however the supposed main make up of that drug is MDMA which was used a long time ago for marriage counseling, however the drug is fairly new and the long term effects and how it plays out in people as they age is a mystery. A lot of DRs will proably not know where to point you, however it does have a lot to do with depression and asking a psych DR for a anti depressant and how it may help might be worth a shot, good luck and leave that and ALL other durgs alone, even when you are not using your drug of choice, you are trying to GET high and at some point you are not goiong t o feel the high you are looking for and I promise you, you will go back to your old drug once you have tried all the other different drugs you can. So stay away from all drugs and get to a psych Dr ASAP and be honest with him. Good Luck..CHRISTINE

Old 09-30-2005, 11:28 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hey tjob3,

Hope you're doing good tonight. As I was reading your post tonight something pulled at my heart. When you told us about your estacy use at one point you said .... "I still occasionally roll". You have come so far within the last week. I hope you realize that the days of using estacy need to be over also. Just concerned that you don't start back down the wrong direction. You know we addicts can't use any mind altering substances or it can and will send us right back to our drug of choice. Hugs to both of you and hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend,
Arememom

Old 10-01-2005, 06:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I just really am rather concerned about what you stated about not being thirsty and not using the bathroom.you could actually have some sort of medical problem going on.these do not sound like normal WD symptoms from anything that I have ever heard of.not being hungry would be normal but right now, you are most likely not taking in enough fluids to keep good kidney function going.i really do think that you should see your family doc for a full check up with bloodwork done on your kidneys and a full hepatic panel as well.just to see if anything is not the norm there.

most people tend to think in a rather 'tunnel visioned" way.when they have certain condition or episode/event of something,they will tend to attribute any and all signs and symptoms to ONLY this occurance and nothing else.Alot of Drs do this too and it can be a rather dangerous way to think when there really are more than one set of issues going on at the same time.just to be on the safe side,I really really would set an appt with your doc and be totally and completely truthful about the drug use and all of your current symptoms.how much water or any other fluid do you normally consume during the day?how often do you actually go to the bathroom,and how much?sorry if these questions are little too personal, I am just trying to get a better picture here of what you are dealing with.no matter what the answers are to these questions,you absolutely have to increase your fluid intake starting now.And make sure you tell your doc about this even when your intake/output gets better.If your mind is not working real well as far as remembering all of the strange symptoms you have been having then write them down and give them to the doc,also tell your mom about them just incase you should forget.I would also very highly recomend that you ask your mom to come with you to this appt.It is always good to have someone who has witnessed your symptoms and signs there to help you.please do this as soon as possible.there really could be much more going on here than just 'normal"WD.some of your symptoms just really do not fit that picture.Please keep me posted,K?marcia

Old 10-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #13
(male)

ThaTruth HB User

well since my last post, seems the confusion is gone... but everything else is still goin strong... im findin it a little easier to sleep... got like 7 hours sleep last night... woke up alot tho. but i think i got somethin wrong with me besides withdrawl too... could it be a thyroid problem..? my mom just keeps telling me to calm down evey time i bring it up. any ideas?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

TJOB3 HB User

Seriously look into getting a catscan.

Brain imaging research in humans indicates that MDMA causes injury to the brain, affecting neurons that use the chemical serotonin to communicate with other neurons. The serotonin system plays a direct role in regulating mood, aggression, sexual activity, sleep, and sensitivity to pain. Many of the risks users face with MDMA use are similar to those found with the use of cocaine and amphetamines:
Psychological difficulties, including confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, severe anxiety, and paranoia - during and sometimes weeks after taking MDMA.Physical symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, rapid eye movement, faintness, and chills or sweating.Increases in heart rate and blood pressure, a special risk for people with circulatory or heart disease.Also, there is evidence that people who develop a rash that looks like acne after using MDMA may be risking severe side effects, including liver damage, if they continue to use the drug. Research links MDMA use to long-term damage to those parts of the brain critical to thought and memory. One study, in primates, showed that exposure to MDMA for 4 days caused brain damage that was evident 6 to 7 years later. MDA, the parent drug of MDMA, is an amphetamine-like drug that has also been abused and is similar in chemical structure to MDMA. Research shows that MDA also destroys serotonin-producing neurons in the brain.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

TJOB3 HB User

ARMYMOM...

I just want to say thanks for how supportive you have been. I just want to let you know that I don't "roll" that much at all. I've rolled for the first time in 7 months last week. I was just feeling like **** and I thought it would be a good idea. I felt so ate up the next day it wasn't worth it, cause i had to deal with the body aches minus the oxycontin. I don't know what my problem is. I just don't understand why i do these things to myself. If you saw me you would never guess in a million years I would do ectasy or have an oxycontin addiction. I'm 23 years old.. been involved in sports my entire life. I played 4 years varsity baseball for a high school team that was nationally ranked. I'm active in coaching my 5 year old soon to be nephew, I'm built and have spent my whole life in the gym, I'm about to graduate college and my fiance is a post open heart nurse. When baseball ended do to an injury, I just lost my ****. I havent seen the inside of a gym in 2 years, I smoke, and I'm really trying to change my ways. Taking the first step is so hard. Thanks for all your suport

Closed Thread