It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

rachie22 HB User
is it possible i was sexually abused as a child

Hi, I think I was sexually abused by my grandfather as a very young child. Iv felt like this for a long time and it would explain an awful lot. I suffer from mild psychosis and have unsucessfully tried to attempt suicide three times. I met a man at eighteen who was twenty seven years older than me and he sexually and verbally abused me. Even though I could have left him on many occasions I still stayed with him as im ashamed to admit I enjoyed the sexual abuse because I felt like sex was all I was good for. I also have dreams about my grandfather abusing me and have always felt very uncomfortable and sick when im around him. I remember him saying inappropate things to me when i was nine and think that he was going to try and abuse me again but he knew he couldn't get away with it now I was older.

I have memory blocks in my childhood and dont remember anything from the age of six and below. I started hearing voices in my head when I was nearly seven and thats when I started to act out sexual things with my friends and younger brother, me always playing the dominant one. I have body image issues and even though I want to lose weight Im scared it will make me more vunerable. Iv been under the mental health team since I was eighteen and have never spoken to them about this. The only person that knows is my ex boyfriend and I think he used to get off on it when I told him. I have severe low self esteem and hate myself. I feel that all im good for is sex and thats all I ever get used for, sex, then they dump me. I used to cut myself as well and at the moment I can't stop thinking I was abused. I drink every night to cope. The dreams stopped for a while but I met a man and since I started having sex again they have come back. This man dumped me and now I feel I was used for sex again and its a pattern that always happens and im powerless to stop it. I just want to remember something other than dreams so I have proof. I just want your opinion, does it sound like I was abused? Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: is it possible i was sexually abused as a child

Hello rachie22,

I feel you should bring the mental health team into this,for your own good.
It appears that sex tends to bring up bad feelings instead of being a pleasurable experience.
How far this goes back is locked away somewhere in your psyche and I believe that the MHT(mental health team) may be just the one's to help guide you through this enigmatic situation.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread