It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User
Angry Anger due to abuse from mother

I just had to call the police on my mother tonight because she was threatening me....she was drunk and evil....i found out something she did and i said i was going to tell on her so she threatenend me with a bunch of stuff....but at 12:30am! I always get sick to my stomach and have panic attacks when she bothers me...but this time i had to stick up for myself....but i still dont feel well.....she is like mommy dearest....did horrible stuff to me my whole life...and i think i hate her now.....i dont want to hate her....somebody please give suggestions so i at least dont hate her....im afraid i will turn into her...seriously.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Anger due to abuse from mother

In the meantime, prehaps there is a relative or trusted friend you could stay with when she gets abusive. Or maybe you could move out (although I am sure you would have already done so if it were possible).

Find an Alanon group in your area and try that. They are people with the same struggles as you, and can be very helpful in terms of support and information. Wishing you the best, Sera

Last edited by Administrator; 08-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

lynnlee HB Userlynnlee HB User

<I don't live with my mother>, but have some mental health issues, some due to my mother. I know that when i vent it really helps me so i did here...im already a little better but feel guilty for hateing my mother right now. I will forgive eventually but i will not forget...i want nothing more to do with people like her no matter who they are. thanks for responding, that always helps.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-22-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
(female)

um Monty HB User

Hi,

I think it is ok to hate how your mother treats you, you don't have to hate her per say, that way you will not except it off others. I would look into doing some assertive training or therapy so you can learn how to stand up to her...

I also have a horrible mother and I have found that trying to learn that what I would like from her she is simply in capable of giving. It hurts and can make you angry but it also frees you to give yourself what you have needed from her...

Try to see her for what she is and let go of what you need from her, then you may love her in some way but you still may not like her in others and thats ok.

Good luck

Reply Reply