It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
(female)

GKA98765 HB UserGKA98765 HB User
Always confused as whether 'Im abused or not.

Hi:

I'll keep this message short. I am always confused about whether it is abuse or not because no one believe me or ever sees it and it is not physical. For example: Last night, I was crying (very depressed over alot of things) .. actualy I was sobbing so that you could hear it. He mimicked my sobbing ... did he own "fake" sobbing ... making fun of me, I guess and then said "you should have been an actress".

He knows I suffer from depression but thinks I have contol over it. what do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Always confused as whether 'Im abused or not.

Hello GKA98765

From what you stated,you began sincerely crying and he made light of the situation by mocking you.
He knows of both your depression and ptsd(had to review your previous post) symptoms and teases you.

His actions,coupled with his statement that: "you should have been an actress,"can be viewed as both verbal and emotional abuse.
Whether he realizes it or not,he's making a bad situation worse.

What you need is support;a kind word here and there and above else a sense of feeling safe and secure.

If you feel up to discussing any more,know that we'll be here.

Are you currently in therapy? Just wondering.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-18-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: additional word left out

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
marymay2222 (06-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
(female)

GKA98765 HB UserGKA98765 HB User

thank you. you are right.
Yes I am.
I appreciate your answering my post.

The following user gives a hug of support to GKA98765:
Phoenix (06-23-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

You are welcome,GKA98765

No need to thank me though;I thank you for mustering enough courage to post your situation on this board.

Without you realizing,you just might have helped another to get that much closer to posting or taking a serious look at their situation.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

A lot of people think abuse is only physical. They fail to realize that abuse can be mental and emotion as well as physical. What he's doing is considered mental and emotional abuse. He's trying to minimize your feelings and make you believe that whatever it is can be controlled easily and that it's not a big deal. If he makes you feel like this all the time then I think it's time you walk out on him.

The following user gives a hug of support to Chrissy26:
Phoenix (06-23-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
(female)

soconfused1 HB User

Depression isn't as easy a thing to handle as people who don't suffer from it believe. I had a few situations where I became very depressed and would inflict pain on myself and my roommates assumed i was being dramatic or drunk, even though I had tried to explain to them multiple times. You deserve understanding and I hope things become brighter for you

Closed Thread