It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Abuse Support Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

Alix666 HB User
past problems affecting my current relationship

When i was younger living in my mother's house i was sexaly abused for meny years probly bout 4 years by my stepfather when i was 18 help from a friend i turned the guy in now probly almost 3 years later he has gotten 20 years in jail and i am in a great relationship with the most amazing guy who helps me though my depressoin moments and random melt downs but i noticed its realy hard to have those specal moments with him in bed be romatic and all that when i first started dating him and living with him i had a good sex drive but the last probly month oir two i have had no sex drive and ben feeling realy guilty and bad for turning him down so i have sex with him any ways witch makes me feel kinda off cause its not best for me to do that but i ben feeling so bad and guilty i just dont know what to do any help.

sorry for the ramble and probly bad spelling/grammer i just needed to get this out

The following user gives a hug of support to Alix666:
Phoenix (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: past problems affecting my current relationship

Hello Alix and welcome.

I use the waving smiley face as both a means of introduction and a means of letting you know that we're here for you.

The past is truly the key to both the present and possibly the future.What you shared here(and I applaud your efforts) must not have easy but know that you've revealed something about yourself here.
I see your specific insight into your own situation and a person who is willing to be open to suggestions.

Saying that,would you be opposed to seeing a qualified therapist who deals with abuse?
They could probably help you to process your emotions and any subconscious thoughts that may not be apparent to you at this time.
Please realize though,that not even Rome was built in a day;this will be a process and I pray that you will be able to work through even the most painful of issues.
I want for you,the same thing I want for myself and others;a better quality of living.
Let's try to make this a reality,ok?

With Sincere Respect
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
AverageUser (01-31-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

Alix666 HB User

i'm trying to see some one but she wanted me to see some one that could help more and gave me 3 numbers to call and none took my incerance so i called her and she basicly told me i'm on my own to find some one but my man is be suportive and incuraging me to keep looking though i feel like its hopless

Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Alix,

Please keep searching.
Don't be so quick to give up on yourself.
We're not going to give up on you.

Sincerely
Phoenix

Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
(female)

Alix666 HB User

well i got a hopfull voicemail today wish i had min on my phone so i could of answered my phone cause she will be gone for a few weeks starting sun but i geuss in a few week i will find out

Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix666 View Post
well i got a hopfull voicemail today wish i had min on my phone so i could of answered my phone cause she will be gone for a few weeks starting sun but i geuss in a few week i will find out
Alix,

Couldn't you use your boyfriend's phone to retrieve your voicemail? It may be a contact number or other pertinent information.
Just a thought.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
(female)

AverageUser HB UserAverageUser HB UserAverageUser HB UserAverageUser HB UserAverageUser HB UserAverageUser HB User

Hi Alix,

I can relate to the insurance problems! Some states also offer help to victims of crime, and adults who were abused as children qualify in my state.

These things will help until you are able to get into a therapist, but you and Phoenix are right - the help of a qualified therapist is very important.

Thank you for your brave post.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-11-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Reply Reply