It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
(male)

purple_rob HB User
Can GERD make you nauseous without feeling the build up

Hi everyone, I only recently foound this site and have posted in the anxeity part.

Im quite sure i have got Anxiety and slight panic attacks from an ongoing Acid reflx problem. Im only starting to find out information i should have found out years ago.

About 7 years ago i unexpectedly was being sick mostly in the evenings. Sometime i could just be sitting there and a fever like sweat would hit me and in the worst cases i would shake and be up for hours into the night either out of my mind with nausea or just be sick. I always felt a burning in my lower throat. BUT both could happen without the other.

Now days i only accasionaly have this "heart burn" ???? or acid reflux. Or if someone wants to enlighten me on GERD?. Im really nt quite sure.

But i can still get a sudden sickness which had again only last weekend. Im fighting with myself asking if its mental or phsical or both. Its very hard fighting every day.

Im in a bit of a bad patch atthe moment and feeling quite rough often but am waiting a appointment to see a doc on the Anxiety side of things.

But am quite desperate to learn more about the phsical side.

I would LOVE alot of questions as its hard to remember what i have been through ove the last 7 ish years. plus some things are hard to remember because i dont want to in a way.

Last thing to mention i guess is what i have done so far. Couple of years back i had quite a few tests for uclers, goul stone (spelling) and stuff like that , was given a few anti acid medications which didnt work for the overwelming Nausea which come unexpected mostof the time.

Many thanks to all that read this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
(male)

mathis000 HB User
Re: Can GERD make you nauseous without feeling the build up

Go to a G.I. Doc to find out for sure, there are tests that you probably haven't had done. I too had anxiety at the same time of having GERD and many of the things that went on were mental, and went away after meds/counseling. I used to feel extremely ill because of my GERD but I wasn't on enough meds at that time. I was also on Prozac which did a number on my GERD, as well as taking Advil. Once I stopped those two, the sickness went away.

Closed Thread