It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
Apple Cider Vinegar and Acid Reflux

I've recently read about taking Apple Cider Vinegar to help relieve acid reflux. Has anyone else heard anything about this remedy?

My best friend tried some and said it really helped her but she didn't like the taste and needed another way to take it other than from a spoon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Little Amy HB User
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar and Acid Reflux

Sonflower:
Some people have good luck with this, and I read in a magazine last night to take 8 oz. of water, 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp. of honey, stir and sip after meals. I tried the vinegar (just a little) and it burned inside me for 24 hours, but I don't think reflux is my only issue. I have bile being refluxed into my stomach as well, because my gall bladder has been removed.

I also take a spoonful of honey if my stomach starts to act up too bad, which does help me. Some people also have great luck with cayenne pepper sauce. I say whatever will give you relief....
Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

Thanks Amy, I will pass on your suggestion to my friend, of mixing with water and honey. I hadn't heard of using the cayenne pepper sauce tho I know she is a believer in cayenne pepper capsules and did take them in the past but not for her currant problem of acid reflux.

Personally, I can't take ACV as I'm intolerant to citric acid but I do believe it has many healing properties. I was able to use ACV to clear up a toenail infected with fungus.

You probably already know this but the lecithin-rich Eggland's Best eggs and fresh lemon juice diluted with water help to thin bile for better absorption. (re: The Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman) I understand that this might not apply to your situation.

Thanks again, for your help.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Little Amy HB User

Sonflower:
Thanks for the tip on the eggs and lemon juice. Please tell me you don't mix raw eggs in the lemon water and drink it? Yuck! As I do have an overabundance of bile!
Amy

Old 09-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

No, no, don't eat the eggs raw or in the lemon water. Cook the eggs your favorite way. The Egglands' Best brand are from vegetarian-fed chickens, and are high in lecithin and healthy Omega oils.

Mix juice of a lemon in a cup of water and sweeten, if necessary, and drink once or twice a day. Be sure to rinse your teeth afterwards or drink lemon juice through a straw.

Also, did you know that trans fats thicken bile which then impedes the bile flow through the bile ducts? This includes margarine (not butter) hydrogenated and partially-hydrogenated vegetable oils and shortening, as well as processed foods made with these ingredients. Organic butter is healthy for you in moderate amounts and won't affect the bile. Use only olive oil, grapeseed oil or coconut oil, and organic butter.

I've been eating 2 Eggland's Best eggs nearly every day for almost 3 years. My cholesterol has even gone down, as healthy eggs do not cause high cholesterol. I mentioned that as some people think eggs raise cholesterol.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 09-20-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Little Amy HB User

Sonflower:
Thanks for all the great info.! I had two scrambled eggs for breakfast with water that had lemon slices in it. I tried the ACV with honey drink, and it has left me burned from my throat all the way through my stomach, so.....I don't recommend it if your throat is burning, etc. I had it 6 hours ago and still feel burned.......ouch!
Amy

Closed Thread