It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
"Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

Hi everyone I dont know whats worng with me first i thought I was allergic to advair asthmainhaler, I have gastritis and acid reflux but after teh doc gave me prednisole for the so called allergic reaction I had form advair that got my throat swollen, I am confused.

because everytime i try to eat for teh past week, I havent been able to eat much at all in about 5 days, I feel liek a lump in my throat, the doc took an xray and my airway was fine, I am not sure whats going on, I feel like something is stuck in my throat, I have had horrific acid and chest pains from the heartburn, its been horrible for the past week, the difficulty swallowing is like right where the adams apple would be on a man in that area, thats where I feel the choking feeling.

I guess since I hav enot been eating that makes it much worse, I am not sure what this weird feeling in my throat is can it be the acid reflux causing this, everytime I eat and try to swallow, gas starts coming up and sometimes I feel as I am going to choke, and I hav eto drink water after every spoonful of food, not sure why my throat feels this way though, like something is stuck there, I have an appt with a stomach doc next week, what can I take for this, I have to eat and cant help since I feel like I will choke

."

Last edited by jennyVee; 10-21-2005 at 09:03 AM.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

raniya HB User
Re: "Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

hi there

i felt a lump on my throat for years but b4 i wasnt feeling it everyday i thought it was my gyms becoming loose because of wisdom tooth but after a while it was just unpleasent it was easy to swallow food but it i take pills it felt like it was stuck in my throat, i was concerned i thought i had throat cancer but when i went to the doctor he told me i have acid reflux even though i have no heartburns at all but i have chest pains, its even hard to swallow saliva i feel the lump in the left side under the jaw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

stress and anxiety can make you feel theres a lump in the throat and make swallowing difficult, GERD is often associated with anxiety, learning to relax will help a lot,also valium relaxes the effected muscles for a while liquid foods or soup should help for now

with solid foods eat slowly, chewing well, antacids and antiulcer meds can help
alfalfa tablets sometimes make the digestive system work better

Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
(female)

Tricia0605 HB User

That is the exact feeling I have. Did the DR give you anything that has helped with this feeling? I can hardly take it anymore. The dr. said i have sinus drainage going down my throat and I had sinus surgery about 4 mnths ago and that has not helped.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red Maple HB UserRed Maple HB User

It's probable LPR that your doctor is talking about. Do a web search for Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and lots of information will come up to give you guidance to this lesser known form of acid reflux disease. Some people have GERD and LPR, but LPR can effect those who never have heartburn or other typical symptoms of reflux. Usually an ENT (ear, nose, throat) doc treats LPR, rather than a GI doc. An ENT can do a scope of your throat (not painful) in the office and give you a diagnosis.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
(female)

SWTE HB User

Do a google search on esophageal motility disorders. Lots of people think they have gerd only to find out its something else, like I did.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #7
(female)

warrenpoint HB User

Please go to the thread "There is a cure for heartburn" on GERD. These are some of the symptoms I have had. I thought I had something stuck in my throat and at one time was considering going to an ENT doctor. Recently I have been taking Raw Apple Cider vinegar and this feeling along with the gerd and the feeling of needing to clear my throat has gone. Just go to this thread and read what we are saying on there and also some other threads. Hope it helps you.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

My daughter started feeling like there was a bone stuck in her throat, she constantly was clearing her throat and felt like something was comeing back up from her stomach. Its acid reflux. The Dr. put her on Nexium and she changed her diet. She is much better now. I like to do more natual things such as the apple cidar vinegar, or another great natural suggestion is ginger juice. But, my daughter preferred the Nexium.

Closed Thread