It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

realterrier2 HB User
Question Mastic gum

Hi. Just wondered if any other GERD sufferers have tried a combination of mastic gum & DGL for acid reflux problems. I've been on this combo for about two weeks now and I'm feeling some relief. It may well be that the mastic gum is eradicating my h. pylori infection. I'm still taking my Pariet (Aciphex), but I fully intend to wean myself off PPIs before long.
Best of health to all of you.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red Maple HB UserRed Maple HB User
Re: Mastic gum

I would love to try mastic gum. Is it generally available at health food stores?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

realterrier2 HB User
Cool Re: Mastic gum

Hi Lisman. I purchased a bottle of mastic gum capsules at a health food store in Canada. Perhaps your favourite health food store could order it in for you if they don't already carry it.
Good luck & good health!

Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

do you think this has helped you?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have used Masica (mastic gum) off and on since 2001 and it has always helped when PPI did not.

The first time I used it was with gastritis in 2001 and I had used Aciphix and Prilosec (not at the same time) for about 5 month for gastritis and an Alternative medicine MD that practices Environment medicine and allergy -- prescripted Mastica along with a probiotic supplement and in 2 weeks a GI doctor Endoscope exam could not find any trace of gastritis.
The exam was already scheduled 5 months prior to seeing the Alternative Med Doctor.

I took 2 -500mg caps twice daily between meals. And I had felt really bad for many months.

I get gastritis (stomach inflamation) when ever I take a round of broard spectrum antibiotics. I have since bought Mastica from the Vitamin Shoppe locally.

Mastic gum is a resin from a tree grown in Greece and has been used for hundreds of years for stomach problems -- I think it does alot including curing H.pylori bacteria ulcers.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

I also have gastritis just had an endoscopy and the doc wants to do some kind of test putting a tube down my throat.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Are you having problems swallowing??
If so I think it is the Esophagus Manometer pressure test.

It is used to measure the pressure as you swallow sips of water every inch along the lenght of the esophagus. It is used to tell if your esopdagus is working properly.
My wife had it done because she does not swallow well -- diagnosed with Nutcracker Syndrome.. Takes Prilosec off an on along with magnesium 4 times daily

Closed Thread