It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation ADVICE PLEASE-getting esophagus stretched again on thursday- can this worsen things

hey guys my gastro doc wants to stretch my esophagus again on thursday.. and I am not sure if this will cause further damage to my esophagus/throat

I have been on nexium for a week and its healing and even though i still cant eat solid foods, but i know its getting better,i dont feel that globus sensation anymore, what should i do? I am not sure if this can damage my esophagus since i just had it stretched last month, any advice??

Old 12-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

tinker89 HB User
Re: ADVICE PLEASE-getting esophagus stretched again on thursday- can this worsen thin

Hi,
I had the savory dilation twice, the second one was done after more than a month after I had the first one, but before six months. Sorry, I don't remember exactly. I do not have esophageal stricture, I have esophageal spasms. The first dilation worked well for me (after I tried for a few months , unsuccesfully, nifedipine, pepcid, acifex) but I was still choking and had problems eating, and I was still loosing weight. My GI said considering that the first dilation helped we can try a second one. I did not notice the same improvement (if any) that I had experienced with the first one. The only side effect for me was increased reflux. To control this I switched to protonix, which worked better than aciphex for me. This was in 2002. I ended up having Botox for the esophageal spasms in 2003, which worked really well for me for the first 7-8 months. I still have difficulties swallowing, but they are rare and manageable. I am sorry I don't have any advice for you, I can just tell you what my experience was with this procedure.
Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 11:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: ADVICE PLEASE-getting esophagus stretched again on thursday- can this worsen things

Hi tinker

i had my dilation and i feel no better than i did befoe having it doen on thursday, goodness I hope this mersy ends soon, i want to eat solids, oh you know what I have also noticed that my sinuses have ben hurting and when i swallow water i could hear a click in my ears as if my ears had water in them and then i get a headache, i am wondering is this LPR has messed up my sinuses, since I am having bad sinus headaches,/ear pain anyway i wish the nexium helps cause the acid is still very strong I even have a sore on my gum, its teh 2nd sore so far, i woner if i can take 2 zantac during the day or take 3 nexiums, i just want this misery to end.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: ADVICE PLEASE-getting esophagus stretched again on thursday- can this worsen things

by the way the doc also prescribed nuvox for IBS, havent taken it yet but it dissolves under the tongue

Closed Thread