It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

BethanyF HB User
Gerd and pain in ears and neck???

Has anyone ever experienced pain in the neck and ears because of GERD?? I have been diagnosed with GERD but have no heartburn or reflux, just pain in my ears and neck that usually ends up in a splitting headache. I also have a small lump on my neck which is where the pain starts. What I am told is that reflux can get so bad that it can travel up into the ears and cause pain but at the same time like I said, I have no heartburn at all.
Any thoughts?

Old 01-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
(male)

gnznroses HB User
Re: Gerd and pain in ears and neck???

hi,
yeah, my ears ache some. my neck definitely does as well. that small lump is most likely alymph node. mine have been swollen for over a year now. furst right under my chin, now theres about a half dozen just from my chin to my adam's apple. and there's a bunch more throughout my neck. they hurt more when you touch em so try not to do that. i often have headaches as well.

the thing is, no doctors seem to know that gerd causes swollen lymph nodes. i've seena few people here report them, but my doctors had no idea and scared me to death thinking i had lymphoma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
(female)

BethanyF HB User

Do you also have heartburn and stuff coming back up?? I don't have any of that.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
(male)

gnznroses HB User

yeah, i also have heartburn. not as often since i changed my diet, but some. also, i don't really have heartburn at night. some when i first lay down, but after that i don't. so i have to force myself to take meds during the night cause i always wake up groggy and don't wanna take em, cause i'm not feeling heartburn or a sore throat (that doesn't hit til i get up in the morning), but i know i need em.

Closed Thread