It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
(male)

viablex1 HB User
Gerd and chest congestion

Hello,

Has anybody out there had mild intermittent chest congestion that can be cleared with coughing???? With this Gerd???

Viablex1

UE forever

Old 02-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

SonjaFisher HB User
Question Re: Gerd and chest congestion

Yes, I have had similiar problems and now I am having a flushed feeling in upper chest and throat/neck, has anyone experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
(male)

viablex1 HB User
Re: Gerd and chest congestion

Yes I have definitely had flushing of upper chest and neck....Gerd has all kinds of symptoms..

Matto

Old 02-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
(male)

dukert HB User

Maybe someone can help that has experienced similiar problems...I am a worrier which does not help I know. I have a history of IBS, and gastro reflux.
Lately my IBS has flarred up...those with it know exactly what I mean. I have also had some heartburn, and feel like a have quite a bit of gas..I belch a few times after I eat, etc. I have been taking Nexium for two weeks.. a little bettter...I also use Phazyme which is an anti gas pill. I seem to get aches in my right side chest just below the braest, and also in my shoulder blade, and shoulder a little....it moves around...less in the morning...a little worse as the day goes on. I have had a heart work up, and chest film...both we're fine. I worry that it's someting bad...been going on for two months...no worse...so I guesss that's good?? Can it simply be symptoms of IBS and gastro reflux and/or gas causing these aches???

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that can give me some good feedback....thanks...and God Bless.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
(female)

debbie2862 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukert
Maybe someone can help that has experienced similiar problems...I am a worrier which does not help I know. I have a history of IBS, and gastro reflux.
Lately my IBS has flarred up...those with it know exactly what I mean. I have also had some heartburn, and feel like a have quite a bit of gas..I belch a few times after I eat, etc. I have been taking Nexium for two weeks.. a little bettter...I also use Phazyme which is an anti gas pill. I seem to get aches in my right side chest just below the braest, and also in my shoulder blade, and shoulder a little....it moves around...less in the morning...a little worse as the day goes on. I have had a heart work up, and chest film...both we're fine. I worry that it's someting bad...been going on for two months...no worse...so I guesss that's good?? Can it simply be symptoms of IBS and gastro reflux and/or gas causing these aches???

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that can give me some good feedback....thanks...and God Bless.
I am also a major worrier and whenever I have the chest tightness or achiness I get extremely worried which, as you know, only makes it worse. I don't know sometimes if I'm causing more problems with my anxiety response. I think we only have to worry if its accompanied by shortness of breath. I also had my heart checked recently and that was all fine.

I just started on Aciphex 3 days ago so I also wasn't sure if some of this was caused by that. I don't remember it being this bad before I started the pills.

Closed Thread