It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

binkyholder HB User
Pain on left side of chest...from indigestion?

Hello,

I was told a few years back that I have a small hiatel hernia and silent reflux.

It's been three years without any symptoms (due to chiropractic and natural methods), until recently when I went away on a holiday.

I didn't eat all that great on the holiday and I think I have gained some weight in the tummy area ( ). Now I have a new symptom that I have never had before and I don't know if it is related to the indigestion.

I get a dull pain just above my left breast and it comes and goes. I notice that when I feel the indigestion, the pain is worse, like a burning (like when I burp and it burns). So I'm assuming the pain is radiating from my esophogus area.

Anybody else have thiis type of pain.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

ccapella HB User
Re: Pain on left side of chest...from indigestion?

I also have a dull ache on the right side of my chest. It seems to be pulling something around my esophogus when I turn a certain way. I think that it is related to reflux because it started at the same time I started getting a burning sensation behind my breast bone. Dr. is going to scope tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Is the pain off to the side like sort of under your arm but not in your arm pit?

Old 03-16-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
(female)

binkyholder HB User

It's not really under my arm or arm pit. It's like it's in the chest muscle above my left breast...sometimes I feel it in the shoulder blade area as well. The pain hasn't been as bad since yesterday, so I'm hoping things are settling down.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
(male)

Azghoul HB User

My pain seems to stem from my breast bone (the area in the center of my abdomen right below the ribs) this seems to radiate to the center of my chest, under my arms like was stated but not in the arm pits (mainly the rib area like the ribs have been bruised) and also some left arm and jaw pain sometimes neck pain. Its constant pain. 24/7. The prevacid got rid of the acid/burning pain but has been replaced with physical pain/sorness. This is by far the most annoying disease i have dealt with. Simply put GERD sucks.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
(female)

binkyholder HB User

I have my chiropractic appointment tomorrow and I can hardly wait. My symptoms will be gone after a couple visits.

I strongly recommend chiropractic treatments to everyone with GERD, it has saved me. Like I said, I haven't had an attack for over 2 years, until I went on vacation and of course ate the wrong things and didn't exercise.

Please take my advice!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
(female)

juanta HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain on left side of chest...from indigestion?

Does anyone else get palpatations with Gerd sometimes? I also get pain in the middle of my chest, by my brestbone, but all heart tests turned out negative. Anxious to know.Palpations in the middle of the night are scary,Juanta

Last edited by juanta; 03-19-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling and to add.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
(female)

binkyholder HB User
Thumbs up Re: Pain on left side of chest...from indigestion?

I definitely get heart palpitations, but I don't know if it is directly associated with GERD.

I strongly suggest seeing a chiropractor, I can't say enough good things about it. The problem part of my spine is the portion between my shoulder blades. My spinal column tends to get out of wack there. That portion of the spine controls digestion, heart, lungs, esophogus functions.

When I feel my indigestion flairing up or if I'm getting lots of heart palps, I go for an adjustment and within a day or so, things settle down completely. That pain I was getting on my left side of my chest was b/c I had a rib out in my back and that was adjusted by the chiro as well.

Please try and see a chiro, you won't regret it!

Closed Thread