It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

Lake Superior HB User
Burning in left armpit from heartburn?

Hi everyone. I was wondering if my constant heartburn could be the cause of a slow-moving burning sensation I get in my left armpit area? Thanks for any help!

Old 05-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

Blue_Streak HB User
Re: Burning in left armpit from heartburn?

I'd be interested to hear if others have this as well. I have all the symptoms of GERD, chest pain/pressure etc etc etc...but also get pains that come in go in my armpit & down my arm.

Blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
(male)

cappy7 HB User

Yes, I've experienced the same thing. It also was in my chest area around my heart, which had me thinking something was wrong with my heart. Had tests run and everything is fine with my heart. The burning/pain would continue down my arm and hand. My had would get a tingling sensation. This would come and go. Sometimes I wouldn't feel this for months. I had a endoscopy 2 years ago and have a small hiatal hernia. I've been on Prilosec since then and it's been fine. At the end of March it started happening once a day, which was uncommon. Then all of a sudden it got worse and covered my entire chest and the other armpit and arm. To make a long story short, I'm now on allergy medication. I'm still feeling the effects from whatever I'm allergic to. My ears are full, sinus pressure, post nasal drip, body aches, the whole nine yards. Feeling better than I did back in March. I just started taking Zyrtec a few days ago. My opinion is it's allergy related. Just my opinion though. Maybe my allergies made it worse, I'm not sure. I go back to the Dr. next week so I'm going to talk to him more about it. I'll let you know.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #4

tm3912 HB User

I have very similar symptoms to what cappy7 wrote which mimic your symptoms and mine are GERD pains. If you've had your heart checked out then I would point at GERDS. If you have never had any heart work I would suggest that you do just to be safe. Good Luck

Last edited by tm3912; 05-30-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: wrote wrong name down

Closed Thread