It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #1

theworrier HB User
Question Pain in breast bone??

Ive been taking omeprazole 20mg for quite a few years for acid reflux but for 2 weeks now ive had indigestion and tenderness between my breast bone. Sometimes it aches and sometimes its like a pain and it hurts with certain movements I make. It radiates through to my back and shoulder blades and even under my arms ache like ive got swollen glands. If I turn over in bed a certain way it aggravates it. It feels like theres a sore inside my gullet..does that make sense??

Im belching like a pig nearly all day If I press down on my breastbone towards my navel it eases off. My GP has now put me on Nexim but a week later its still the same. Should they have worked immediately? Gaviscon doesnt help neither. Ive found that setlers give a little relief but today ive been to the health shop and bought magnesium tablets as I read on another thread that they help?? Ive also bought a jar of honey as im trying to soothe my throat and gullet. Its a horrible feeling and affects my sleeping and eating pattern. Ive been thinking "Is it possible this is a hernia?"...What do you think guys? Any advice and feedback will be greatly appreciated

Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
(male)

Outlaw1979 HB User
Re: Pain in breast bone??

I have the same thing it feels like the muscls in my rib cage hurt..So if i pick up anything heavy later on i hurt,sometimes it wakes me when im sleeping..great ques..Cant help cause mine has diagnose..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 03:50 AM   #3

theworrier HB User

Bumping for a reply

Old 06-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
(male)

moesciphish HB User

I get crazy pains all over because of reflux, the rib aches, back aches, sternum aches, you name it... the nexium should take time to work, if it is pain from irritation, it needs time to heal. Though you've been on omeprazole for a few years, you may have developed a tolerance. Most people say hernia's are asymptomatic.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #5

theworrier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moesciphish
I get crazy pains all over because of reflux, the rib aches, back aches, sternum aches, you name it... the nexium should take time to work, if it is pain from irritation, it needs time to heal. Though you've been on omeprazole for a few years, you may have developed a tolerance. Most people say hernia's are asymptomatic.
Thanks for this reply hun it makes sense. I thought the Nexium would work the first day I took them ... I guess im impatient..Thanks again x

Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

As someone else had said before, "reflux disease didnt happen over night, therefore it wont heal overnight either"

The average healing time is at least 6 months of use.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
(male)

Outlaw1979 HB User

I thought it was 4-8 weeks..

Old 06-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #8

theworrier HB User

I hope its 4 - 8 weeks rather than 6 months

Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #9
(male)

superchef HB User

I also get the crazy aches and pains! So much for nexium, in my case it doesnt seem to be working.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

You're not alone. I also had burning pain in my breast bone for about a week, then it went away but instead I had pain under my collarbone on the right side, then it shifted to left side and also under the arm.
I also belch like crazy after eating or drinking just about anything.
I tried some samples of prevacid which stopped the burning in my throat and stomach but did NOTHING for those weird pains. I don't have health insurance so can't afford the drugs and don't want to get started on them anyway. I'm trying the natural stuff, and going to see if I have any luck with that. (licorice tablets and raw apple cidar vinegar).
I hope that we all find a solution to this madness soon!

Old 07-02-2006, 03:43 AM   #11

theworrier HB User

Me too.....I have bought some apple cider vinegar but havent tried it yet as the heartburn has subsided...for now

Good luck to you all..lets hope we can keep in touch on here and help each other....thank you all for your replies

Old 07-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
(male)

dukert HB User

Do you guys know how long typically it takes the Nexium to take away chest ache, etc. from reflux? Also, is it common to get the discomfort or ache approx. two inches directly below nipple of breast and back towards the middle.

If you can tell me if your symtoms seem similiar that would be helpful...I hope that its not that misery loves company ..regards.

Last edited by dukert; 07-04-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Closed Thread