It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Dan_the_man HB User
What food does everyone eat that doesn't upset your stomach?

Hey everyone, just curious to find out what folks with acid reflux, indigestion are eating for:

1:breakfast
2:lunch
3:snacks
4:dinner

Any foods that are soothing?

Thanks folks...I sometimes have a hard time drinking water

Dano

Old 07-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: What foolds does everyone eat that doesn't upset your stomach?

Not sure what I have but I eat alot of pretzels and bread, steamed vegetables, some sald, and beans all without any spices or sauces except for sometimes just a little onion or garlic (lately), fresh fruit and canned/frozen fruit, and any dairy that is skim or fat free. I don't know if these foods are soothing but they don't upset my stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

tlily HB User

I think it is different for everyone other than the given.....tomatoes, sauce, anything really spicy.

I do well on pasta with some butter, potatos baked or mashed, oatmeal, plain hamburger, breads, bagels. I have trouble with salads, popcorn, corn on the cob and many other things. Sometimes I can get away with eating somethings I could not the day before. Most of the foods that I can eat and is soothing is fatting. So I am paying for that.

I have also been eating while my throat is burning. So eating has not been pleasant for me for a while.

Tlily

Old 07-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

Right now the most soothing and appealing food to me is ice cream! I wish I could eat it constantly, it is so soothing to my scratchy sore irritated and raw throat. But too much and I get gastro upset

I also eat cottage cheese, oatmeal, and yogurt. Salads, and scratchy foods aren't workng for me right now. Although I tried a little salad last night and it went down ok.

It's hard when you have no appetite and it's hot and who feels like cooking?
I'm trying to stay healthy and make some healthy smoothies also, which works for me..

Old 07-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

anonymouswreck HB User

I eat some toast with butter, scrambled eggs, cereal is working for me (didn't before), yogourt, a few potato chips (but gotta be careful), ICE CREAM, tuna. I have issues with popcorn and stuff, and I had some mild salsa with some tortilla chips and had some chest pain the next day, and it makes me so sad because I crave salsa right now! lol!

Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
(female)

kattjo5220 HB User

It is trial and error for everyone. For me I can eat a food 1 day and not the next. I do not eat greasy, spicey or acidic foods. I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I do not drink any carbonated drinks, no alcohol. I watch any meds or vitamins in case they may cause reflux.

I can eat steak and baked potato with butter & sour cream. I can eat potato chips. I drink a breakfast drink everyday, sometimes twice. I eat english muffins and bagels. I can eat scrambled eggs but not over easy eggs. I can eat cake, chocolate and cookies.
I used to be able to eat hamburger, chix & turkey. Not so much right now.

Oh I did eat a lot of subs, turkey, roast beef & ham, no lettuce, tom or anything but mayo.

I also bought a lot of deli meats and I eat a lot of cheese.

Good luck to ya!

Katt

Old 07-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Dan_the_man HB User

You guys are funny, your killing me with your diets, but take it, I do
understand the part that everyone has some certain foods that they
can tolerate that others cannot, but you guys really killed me with
things like:
-Potato chips....they are greasy and kill most peoples stomachs
-Salsa....major heartburn, tomato's major #1 acidic food, most cannot eat it
-Breads and toast and butter, sits on most folks stomachs like a rock then comes back to bite you
-Hamburger, hard to digest, and unless lean has tons of grease and fat....

Hmmm, this is like totally funny to me, no disrespect but if you guys that have posted truly have real heartburn/indigestion its no wonder, you need to not eat those above foods....

Eat, yes, pretzels, no fat at all, eat blan foods, crackers, water, fruit, oatmeal, scrambles eggs, salad ok but no real oily or creamy dressing, raw vegies, broth soups, not creamy ones, no milk, use rice milk, soy can cause problems......holy cow guys, aren't you reading this stuff? take care....I will check back later....dano...

Old 07-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
(male)

Outlaw1979 HB User

Dan im so with you bro I eat bland as heck still get burn those people are lucky...Its really trial and error but its like you try something you get bitten you dont want to try much..Great post Dan

Old 07-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #9
(female)

anonymouswreck HB User

Yes, Dan, it really is about the person. Some of what you can eat, others can't. Bodies are different.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I thought I made a big mistake when I put a slice of tomato on my sandwich last night but so far my stomach could handle it. 6 months without tomoatos and the fruit stand was selling these wonderful heirlooms.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

I don't have any problem with fresh tomatoes, but can't handle tomato sauce or salsa. I also don't have a problem with potato chips or french fries if not eaten in excess.

My biggest no nos are anything carbonated, and forget about alcohol --that nice cold beer just can't happen anymore

but everyone is different and you have to see what you can and can't eat or drink, and then be careful cuz as soon as you get comfortable it will change!
best to all for a acid free day

Old 07-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
(male)

Outlaw1979 HB User

Yeah at times beer everything was ok,than Aciphex quit..I than been restricted and bouncing on PPIS the last 3 years,,So many food changes,i ate canned pears for months,and that turned on me.I used to eat alot of pudding tapioca kind that turned on me..Its also hard to keep weight on etc..

Old 07-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #13
(female)

patricia jean HB User
Unhappy Re: What food does everyone eat that doesn't upset your stomach?

For breakfast I eat cereal with skim milk and two fig cookies I gave up coffee and tea, so I drink a small cup of skim milk with Nesquick Vanilla added to it... I was never big on lunch so I eat pretzels or yogurt, then snack on something light before dinner. Dinner is eaten in small portions,as not to fill up. I can't eat anything spicy.... Pat

Old 07-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: What food does everyone eat that doesn't upset your stomach?

I honestly don't know what is and isn't "bad" for me. Except alchohol. The little sip at communion burns me straight through as it goes down, and burns like crazy for 10 min. Nothing else bothers me that way. If anything bothers me, I hardly know it - it's mild in comparison (but irritating), and takes a while to be noticed. And usually that irritation (or not, on the very few truly "good" days) is there no matter what I ate.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User
Re: What food does everyone eat that doesn't upset your stomach?

I used to be able to have yogurt-now i can't! yogurt, have you ever heard of such a thing? It hurts through to my bacvk almost like a belch is stuck! So now I am going to go back to my very strict way of eating. I can have broccoli, which is weird right? Does anyone else get the burp stuck feeling? Igot on the treadmill and it started. this really sucks! lol

Closed Thread