It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

venezia HB User
Question Tickling feeling in chest

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this symptom: sometimes I get this tickling feeling in my chest/heart area. It's probably a little above the heart under the sternum. I can't really tell if it's heart related or esophagus related. When I breathe out it feels funny and it makes me want to cough to try to stop it. It's not constant but comes and goes and I've noticed it probably more often when I try to go to sleep and then it makes me nervous and that seems to make it worse (probably since I'm so aware of it). I wonder if it's anxiety related or reflux related.

I just went to the dr. a week or so ago since I was having tightness in my upper chest - like I couldn't get a deep breath. I thought maybe I was getting some type of asthma but the dr. said no and thought it was related to reflux. When I got to reading some of the posts on this board I'm now wondering if it could be LPR. I've been noticing a lot of mucus in my throat and I have to clear it all the time. Also, when I lay down at night I have to cough a lot and cough on and off during the day to help clear the mucus. She told me to try prilosec otc and see if that helped. The tightness in my chest has gone away but am still having other symptoms. I haven't been watching my diet real close though since I've been away from home this week (having caffeine and chocolate).

I read another post regarding LPR and the possibility of it being hormone related. I'm 53 and perimenopausal so maybe this is just another symptom of that. Seems like you can get so many strange feelings/symptoms during this time of your life!

The tickling sensation really bothers me though. I also have heart palpitations occasionally but like I said earlier can't tell if this is something with my heart or not.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Venezia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: Tickling feeling in chest

it does sound like LPR to me. I have similar symptoms with the coughing and tickling in my throat which makes me cough which makes it tickle more, and on and on. i also have the mucous, and post nasal stuff. I've had the heart palps and am a couple years older than you so do think it's hormone related myself; I started having this about a year or two ago, and looking back I now know it's LPR, reflux, but for the longest, I thought it was my heart, anxiety, menopause, etc.
I don't often cough once I'm asleep but sometimes if I wake up and then lay down again, I'll have a coughing fit. Very annoying
I try to stay away from too much chocolate, but caffeine doesn't bother me so do have my coffee every morning. It's trial and error. some days things bother and other days they don't.
there's a lot of people who get relief from a PPI -maybe you will be one of them.
I've found some things that work for me, but it's been a few months trial and error..
hope you find relief soon.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

suelynn HB User

welcome..I know the feelings...I get a pain in my upper right side of the chest..not too bad,and lets seconds, I thought maybe I pulled muscles..of course you worry about heart, and if they continue or really worry you, it's worth getting it checked. I am so tired of dr's, that unless they get worse, I' assume they go with the reflux, peri menopause thing.

i am the one who started a new thread the other day about hormonal changes and the reflux being worse..I wsa releived as others, to know that it is not in my head! I have a chonic cough since May..now take 20 mg Aciphex, and it has worked well. I can't seem to get serious about diet change, although I cut my coke from about 3-4 to 1 a day, so that is a start.

keep us posted, it is so great to have support

Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
(female)

Lexijones99 HB User

I get a fluttering feeling in my stomach sometimes. It freaks me out when it happens. I also get the tickle in my throat...alot!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

13million HB User
Question Re: Tickling feeling in chest

Hello Venezia,

I am responding to your message because it sounds ALOT like what's going on with me. Yesterday I was shopping and all of a sudden this ticklish pain (which is the only way I know how to describe it) feels like it's directly inside of my heart starts up. If freaks me out and I just think to myself, "well, if I'm going to have a heart attack then "COME ON!...LET'S HAVE IT ALREADY!!!" I get this feeling now and then and I usually take a deep breath when it happens to make it either go away or to induce it more and it seems to get a little stronger but then goes away after a few minutes.

Now, I know that isn't positive but I am 34 years young and healthy as can be and I know this because I take a technologically advanced nutrition. The thing is, I can't figure out if this comes about because my heart is healing from the natural stem cells inside of me or if it's a warning sign of a future heart attack. It gets on my nerves when I feel it come around and it usually stops all together when I excercise regularly. I never feel any other symptoms related to heart disease and I can't get any answers from doctors except to take a dangerous toxic poison of a pharmaceutical substance and to spend hundreds of wasted dollars at some doctors office so that they can push more drugs on me. NOT INTERESTED. So, what do you think it is then?

The "ticklish pain" that I feel comes from directly inside of my heart. This is how it feels.

I'll be back for sure to hear your response because you are the first and only person so far in my research to find out what this feeling is that I have found a relatedness to.

THANKS for your time.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
(female)

13million HB User

Hey everyone!

Well, I've done some research since last I was here and found out that for the ticklish pains I get in my heart is just stress. Now don't get me wrong, stress is a silent killer but I've never felt this in my life and it's NOT GOOD whatsoever. So, the only thing I can think of to reduce it is exercise and meditation. Do what you have to do, just make sure that you're not dehydrated which most everybody is and that you get plenty of rest. If anyone has any other suggestions for reducing stress, please share them because I'm sure we all can benefit.
Did you know that when I called a medical facility to ask just a simple question on the nature of what was happening to my heart, they wanted to charge me for the question online $15 and then over the phone they said that it was illegal for them to answer my question and that I was MORE THAN WELCOME to come in to the emergency room!? Of course, MORE than WELCOME because they said that a doctor MUST see me in order to make an evaluation. YEA RIGHT! A five minute $300 evaluation. This BLEW my mind as I thought to myself, I cannot even get help if I really needed it. What a SICK and DEMEANING society we are in. BUT WE'RE FREE!!!!! Uh...huh...
I would NEVER trust a doctor to help me. Today, it's way too dangerous to go to the doctor for anything other than a boo boo. Doctors are trained like dogs to be controlled and manipulated by the big pharmas so watch out if you get something that's FDA approved or perscribed by a doctor. More than likely, it's hazardous and toxic. The FDA are controlled also, it's called a "system."

STRENGTH IN RESEARCH

Closed Thread