It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User
Constant hypersalivation or is it that I can't swallow my saliva?

I always feel like there is something in my throat and have a hard time swallowing. I also feel the need to swallow and swallow often. My mouth seems to fill up with saliva easily and I'm constantly thrusting my tounge on my top teeth to get the saliva back. I have been doing this a long time since the birth of my son 4 years ago. It started when I was pg with him at 8 weeks till cept it was horrible. I had to spit contantly, had horrible heartburn, felt nauseous most of the time. I had to suck on ice to help me swallow the saliva. After I gave birth it slowly got better and in 2 weeks time I could swallow the saliva, but to this day it has never been right.

I see my doctor this week and I think my problem is heartburn. I also got a hiatal hernia in my last pg that gave me grief.

I'm trying to lose weight which I hope will make this get better. I think to this day it got a lot better after my pg ended because I lost a lot of weight in 2 weeks time. But I stayed overweight and I think it is making it worse.

Is this sound normal, typical with heartburn problems?

Old 08-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
(male)

Mike137100 HB User
Re: Constant hypersalivation or is it that I can't swallow my saliva?

When I first started to develop GERD one of my symptoms was hypersalivation. It would make me nauseous. Then I developed the lump in the throat feeling, the rest came with time. Was placed on Nexium helped when I was on it short term. Long term use actually made me worst, so I am off all meds right now and trying natural stuff. So far so good. Good luck with your doc appt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

What kind of natural stuff?

Old 08-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
(male)

Mike137100 HB User

I am taking Aloe Vera pills and have increased my calcium/magnium intake in the form of supplements. So far it seems to be helping keeping the symptoms down.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

hmmm, I have heard aloe vera helps a lot for this. I may give it a try. Interesting!

Closed Thread