It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Can you tell if you are refluxing?

Please bear with me on the long note! I'm a kind of nervous person and tend to go to alot of detail in desperation!

I know I’ve asked about burping before. This is related, especially since I keep seeing LPRD referred to as “silent” reflux. I didn’t think much of that vernacular name, until today reading an article. Apparently, “silent” means you can’t tell it’s happening.

So, does that mean purely GERD people FEEL reflux, at least sometimes? And LPRD people do not usually?

I’m very perplexed about my “burping”. I’m not sure it’s a burp (basically I have NEVER been a burper – I think I’ve done genuine burps of the disgusting kind maybe as many times as I have fingers in my life), but it’s something odd. As a result of almost never truly full-thrust burping that'd disgust anyone, I always called what I now experience way too much as “throat-burping”.

What I mean is that it feels like something is pushed open down near my stomach. Then a gentle ripple from gut to throat. Topped off with the feeling of something popping open in my throat. Each happens very quickly, of course. All this basically happens “privately”, very “silent”, if you will, because it isn’t apparent to the public, only to me.

Often now I feel only the top portion popping open. This happens almost constantly – every day countless times these “poppings” are happening. It is very different from pre-Feb (doomsday for me), where maybe I’d do this once a day.

So, I keep wondering – is this the LES AND UES opening on me?

Does anyone ever feel this?

Is this what is meant by “non-silent” reflux (i.e., I can tell something’s happening, probably reflux – indeed, the more I “burp”, the worse I feel, throat and often stomach too).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #2

rgrantus87 HB User
Re: Can you tell if you are refluxing?

I get that all the time, after i eat or drink anything (especially with carbonation) and i have no clue why, i cant seem to burp to relieve it and it is very annoying. I have no clue what it is from or what to do to relieve it though.

Last edited by HBMod07; 08-27-2006 at 06:43 AM. Reason: It is not necessary to quote a message that is directly above your response

Closed Thread