It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
is there a GENERIC NEXIUM?

Hi everyone i was wndering if anyone has been on generic nexium? nexium is so expensive so i went online and searched and alot of results came up, has anyone ever taken a generic nexium

Old 08-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: is there a GENERIC NEXIUM?

one med is calleed Nexpro is generic Nexium (Esomeprazole Magnesium) made by Torrent Pharmaceuticals. Nexpro contains the same active ingredient as Nexium. Nexpro is supplied in foil strips of 10 tablets.

I am not sure why my compunding pharmacy said that generic nexoum isnt available if they are available online, I cant take the prilosec OTC because it doesnt doa thing i have LPR and take 2 nexiums, and nothing else i have tried helps and i have tried all the PPI's

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

any one know of a generic nexium?

Old 01-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
(female)

amethystle HB User

Prilosec - it's over-the-counter now.

Its still pretty expensive, about $28.00 for 42 - 20mg pills.

I took Nexium for about 4 years and never found anything that worked as well, but Nexium is actually almost exactly the same thing as Prilosec.

Prilosec was prescription for years, but when time came for the patent to run out and it could be sold OTC, the manufacturers wanted to find some way to keep making money. So they isolated the part of the drug that acts as a PPI so that the new drug was just a slightly different formula and marketed it as Nexium. So it works just about the same.

So if that's cheaper than what you are paying for Nexium, give it a try. Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyVee View Post
I am not sure why my compunding pharmacy said that generic nexoum isnt available if they are available online,
There is no approved generic for Nexium in the US. You may find sites claiming to sell generic Nexium, but that product has not been evaluated or approved by the US FDA.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Legend74 HB User

I'm on generic prilosec which is omeprozole and it seems to work for my reflux. I haven't had any problems. But it's prescription, so you'd need an rx from your doctor.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
(male)

slind99 HB User

I am buying generic Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) called Olzole-ES-40 made by Olcare Laboratories in India. It costs about $50 for 90 40mg doses including airmail from India, and took only about a week to get here. You have to tell them that you've seen a doctor and have a prescription, but they don't ask to see it ;-).

I got it from a place called West Coast drugs or something (they operate, like most of the mail order drug places, under several different names.

Shop around if you are considering MO imported generics. The prices vary all over the place, West Coast was the cheapest I could find, by far, for the esomeprozole.

Closed Thread