It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Flap of skin in back of throat

I've noticed that I still have the lump in throat feeling. But one day I stuck my finger in the back of my throat cause I felt sick. I had to throw up and when I stuck it back in there I felt a flap of skin. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was. Cause I thought it might of had something to do with my lump. Is that just normal or is it damage that has been done to my throat? This acid reflux is making me go crazy. I have been waiting to see a doctor for 2 months now. Does anyone know what this is?

Old 09-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
(female)

honeydew677 HB User
Re: Flap of skin in back of throat

I have done the same thing. I also get nauseas and sometimes I have to do the same thing. I also noticed "something" in my throat. Mine didnt feel like a flap of skin, you know the bumps in the back of your throat? Well mine felt like that only about the size of the tip of my little finger. I was also wondering the same thing. What the *** is that. It has gotten a little better, but it is still there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User

Well, I was browsing through yahoo and I believe it is the epligottis. Which is a flap of tissue that prevents food from going into yer windpipe. I'm pretty sure thats what it is. But I'm pretty sure what yer feeling is nothing to worry about. Do you ever get a sore throat?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
(female)

honeydew677 HB User

Seems like I ALWAYS have a sore throat and feels like something is stuck in it..Somethimes it gets so sore I cant swallow. It makes me want to cry, not only from pain but frustration.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
(female)

Lexijones99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydew677
Seems like I ALWAYS have a sore throat and feels like something is stuck in it..Somethimes it gets so sore I cant swallow. It makes me want to cry, not only from pain but frustration.
Me too. Some days my throat feels like it's on fire, and I feel as though I have a fever. Other days it feels swollen. Today it feels like I have a pill stuck in it.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User

Awww I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope it gets better. I try not to think about it. I don't have throat pain but I have that lump feeling.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #7
(male)

KillerDog HB User

My first post, thanks for the info vividangel. Cheers babe.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
(male)

KillerDog HB User

I think i have a tonsil probelm.

Closed Thread